Thursday, November 12, 2009

Crooked Palm Trees



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ6arQ-qK34

A brief interlude from the socks and sandals capers of San Diego to simply say HOLY MOTHER OF GOD the new Them Crooked Vultures album is the most amazing record I've heard in a LONG time. You MUST listen to it. But not if you have shitty speakers. Don't insult this record with some crap ipod speaker box thing. This is an album with Dave Grohl on drums, a dude from Led Zepplin and Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age. They demand quality speakers.

This record is like listening to Led Zepplin, Jimi Hendrix, QOTSA, The Doors and Aerosmith (pre 1979) all at the same time. It's INSANELY good.

I've just finished listening to the full album while on my way to the Lab. I was having spasms of joy while walking up the sidewalk (look! I said sidewalk! I'm like, totally a local down with the vernacular! Party on Wayne!). Despite being another beautiful 28 degree day I had goosebumps on my arms listening to it. And just like my friend Jon, I too was having involuntary PDORA (Public Displays of Rock Action). I was throwing devil horns and playing air guitar the entire bus ride, with no ability to control myself.

Ah....good weather, good food, awesome views, awesome job and totally awesome music on the speakers. I'm like, totally in heaven (dude).

although not quite sure why I keep using biblical terms to emphasise how good things are. Let's just assume for the purpose of this blog that I'm lost in delirium and don't really mean to associate goodness with anything religious.

More from the frontline of socks and sandal styling soon......

1 comment:

  1. How FUCKING amazing is this album!? It's out today in Australia so I'm going to buy a ohysical copy to cuddle up to at night. Good times were had by all...

    ReplyDelete