Sunday, November 29, 2009

Grumpy




Before I start my whinging, I need to first express how brilliant Polvo's new album is. After about 10 years between albums they decided to reform and have produced a really great record. It made me run even faster through the canyons today (more on that later).

But I'm over that now because I just found out Polvo is playing a double bill with Modest Mouse in London in December. This is TERRIBLE! This happens EVERY time I leave London. No joke, every time I've gone away for an extended period it's like my all time favourite bands that broke up over ten years ago all get together and decide to hold a big reunion festival. And then they break up again and I never see them live. There's only so much I can take of this.

So since I've started whining I may as well continue the rest of the post, for consistency sake of course. I saw the new Cohen brothers film today and had my viewing pleasure destroyed by an audience munching popcorn louder than I thought physically possible. In addition I heard every second line repeated by a bunch of loud old ladies who had to relay each line to their deaf friend (or she was just an idiot and needed every sentence of dialogue explained. Or both).
In an attempt to cope I was forced to implement high level death-stare techniques, spanning 180 degrees of the audience. Lucky I've been practising these techniques my whole life as otherwise it would have been a lot harder. They were coming at me from all sides with their tooth crunching popcorn munching! My head was about to explode! Just like they have movie sessions where you can take your baby, they need to have sessions just for people who don't actually want to see the film but want to stuff their faces with food and talk to their friends. Nrgh!


Then I had to wait 45 minutes for a bus.

And it rained too. RAIN! What the?

3 comments:

  1. It's just like Pavement getting back together after 10 years and touring in Australia right after we move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just talked to CW - she is fcking bored as hell, dying for a beer and started talking like a yankee - FUCKING SAD !!! HIYA FRIENDO ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..and the saddest of all is she said she 'lives to read the comments' on her blog !!! well read this Claire - Englands lush, we go out every night and everyday is like Christmas, loads of sunshine all the time and everybody is happy, smiling and talking merrily to one another. + drinking loads of beer...coz we have pubs here that are older than the country you currently occupy - imagine that!! In the words of the great man Santa Clause "HO..HO..HO" xx

    ReplyDelete