Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Socks and sandals mayhem!!


(office view)











Day two of uninterrupted sunshine. This weather is insane. I have taken a solemn vow never to take good weather for granted again. I may even be so bold in saying the weather here is better than Australia.


(the lab on the cliff)











I've settled into the Lab proper today. It's been a hard days work with the warm sun shining through the floor to ceiling windows, a sea breeze blowing softly, the sound of the waves crashing in the distance and the gentle flip flop of dolphins dancing in the water. Okay so I made that last bit up, but there ARE dolphins out there, as well as seals. And rattlesnakes too. Strangely I want to see a rattlesnake more than a dolphin. I'm working on it.

The day was so tough I had to take myself off for a walk along the beach at lunch to get used to all this complete and utter serenity.














Oh and I've begun my full audit of the scientist/sandal/sock phenomena. I had to work swiftly to get the one shot of my first scientist styling the look. He was particularly unhappy with my request for a shot, and when I took it anyway, I was sternly instructed that it "better not show up on any blog". So naturally the first thing I've done is put it up. Sorry Dave, but you teased me while I was impaired by jet lag. That's not a fair game and retaliation is called for.


And while sans socks, here's an exciting shot of my own rock-star birkenstocks (the studs on the leather strap denounce "rock star". )


Stay tuned for more socks and sandal dramas as they unfold.......

1 comment: